R&S®SMW200A Vector Signal Generator
The fine art of signal generation
- Frequency range from 100 kHz to 3 GHz, 6 GHz, 7.5 GHz, 12.75 GHz, 20 GHz, 31.8 GHz, 40 GHz or 44 GHz
- Optional second RF path with 100 kHz up to 3 GHz, 6 GHz, 7.5 GHz or 20 GHz
- Options for all important digital communications standards
- Optional integrated fading simulator with up to 200 MHz bandwidth
- Support of all key MIMO modes including 3x3, 4x4, 8x4, 4x8 and 4x2x2
- Intuitive operation via touchscreen with block diagram as key element
The R&S®SMW200A is the vector signal generator for the most demanding applications. As a result of its flexibility, performance and intuitive operation, it is a perfect tool for generating complex, digitally modulated signals of high quality.
The R&S®SMW200A is the ideal generator for digitally modulated signals required for the development of new wideband communications systems, the verification of 4G and 5G base stations or in the aerospace and defense sector.
The I/Q modulation bandwidth of up to 2 GHz with internal baseband satisfies fourth and fifth generation standards (e.g. 5G, LTE-Advanced and IEEE 802.11ac/ad), and the R&S®SMW200A is designed to meet future requirements. Its modular scalable architecture allows users to optimize the generator to their applications and to upgrade it as required.
A second RF path can be added, as well as a maximum of two baseband and four fading simulator modules – without compromising on signal quality. As a result, the R&S®SMW200A can create signal scenarios that previously required multiple instruments or could not be implemented at all. From MIMO up to 8x2 and LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation including fading to multistandard radio – never before has an instrument offered such high class signal generation capability.
If more than two RF paths are required, additional R&S®SGMA signal generator modules can be connected. The intuitive, touchscreen based operating concept provides the user with an overview of measurements, no matter how complex, and quickly delivers the desired results.